Re: cleanup a directory

Jerome BENOIT wrote:

Hello List,

to clean some directories of mine, I use

rm -rf *

but files named as `.log' are not removed.

Is there a better way to do so ?

Go to the previous directory and then remove the directory using rm -rf.
This will remove other hidden files along with the .log files.

I tend to resist the use of * when using rm -rf. I usually work with a lot
of terminals open (inside konsole). So the probability of being in the
wrong directory and removing its contents is large if I use '*' with
rm -rf. But when the directory name is explicitly specified, the
probability of removing the wrong directory is small. YMMV.

hth
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/

  • Re: PulseAudio (was Re: Sid Foibles)
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: module kvm-intel causing virtualbox problems
    ... me to the answer of removing the kvm-intel module. ... that you'd want the functionality. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: pkgdb / ruby aborting
    ... > I've ben running into problems with pkgdb. ... I tried removing ... > Abort ... To unsubscribe, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Dns bind9 not foward
    ... I also tried to install bind and setup it only forward query to Opendns, but i don't know because it doesn't work! ... Chris Davies wrote: ... You might want to try removing the forward first directive, removing the entire forwarders section. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: xorg with nvidia drivers
    ... removing the options from the screen sections), ... In addition to manually set X server, there is also "xrandr" that may ... help you with your dual screen layout but true is that I'm not sure about ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)