Re: cleanup a directory

Jerome BENOIT wrote:

Hello List,

to clean some directories of mine, I use

rm -rf *

but files named as `.log' are not removed.

Is there a better way to do so ?

Go to the previous directory and then remove the directory using rm -rf.
This will remove other hidden files along with the .log files.

I tend to resist the use of * when using rm -rf. I usually work with a lot
of terminals open (inside konsole). So the probability of being in the
wrong directory and removing its contents is large if I use '*' with
rm -rf. But when the directory name is explicitly specified, the
probability of removing the wrong directory is small. YMMV.

hth
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi