Re: Thanks for the great system / installation successfull report

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 02:34:12PM +0100, Ivan Glushkov wrote:

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Thanks for the great system / installation successfull report
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:00:46 +0100
From: Embrik Kaslegard <embrik_leifsson@xxxxxxxx>
To: Ivan Glushkov <glushkov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
<47D90B46.40106@xxxxxxxxxxx> <47D90F88.7010503@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ivan Glushkov wrote:
Luis Motta Campos wrote:

Thibaut Paumard wrote:

Le 13 mars 08 à 11:31, Luis Motta Campos a écrit :

I would like to report a big success here. I recently got a HP 6710b
laptop and (as usual) didn't agreed with the Windows License terms and
conditions (so I can send it back and get the license money).

Are you being serious about getting your money back? Are you successful
in it in the UK?

I don't know about the UK. I sent them back my licenses in the
Netherlands, where I live now. I told them in a very formal letter that
I didn't agreed about the terms and conditions, and, as I never used the
licenses (it was a new computer) I got my money back.

I recommend everybody to at least try. :) It's not possible that the
only way to buy computers is swallowing licenses we will not use.

Hey, that's a good news!

did anybody in Germany succeeded to do that? I am planning to buy a new
laptop, and this information is vital for me..

Cheers,
Ivan

Wow. This is pioneering :-) How did you do this? Why don't you just give
us the copy of your letter? I guess you have found a way in using the
complicated lisence ageement in our favour. I will send some letters as
well. I've got 125 lisences which I don't want to use :-)

Br
Embrik
Hemsedal

I guess that was incidentally sent personally to me.

Cheers,
Ivan

P.S.: Actually it is not pioneering at all. Google it. I read something
similar in slashdot long time ago, but that was in Australia. That's the
first case I hear about in EU.
There was a fellow in New York by the name of Adam Kosmin who set up a
website 'windowsrefund.net' in 1992, now called 'windowsrefund.info'
documenting some of these things.
cheers,
Kev
--
| .''`. == Debian GNU/Linux == | my web site: |
| : :' : The Universal |mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/|

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Thanks for the great system / installation successfull report
    ... Thanks for the great system / installation successfull report ... licenses I got my money back. ... laptop, and this information is vital for me.. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: How do I get a license for 10 users?
    ... You can also look at an openlicense which starts at 5 licenses. ... | reputable vendor that sells software at "educational" discounts. ... | Keep in mind that if you purchase Office pre-installed from the laptop ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: How do I get a license for 10 users?
    ... Microsoft offers site licenses but those are really meant for large companies and would not at all be cost effective for such a small group as yours. ... I believe your only realistic choice would be purchasing individual licenses either from the laptop vendor or from a store like CompUSA. ... I don't know what price break you would get on Office but it's worth a try. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: The Death of the PC
    ... you'll become a licensed/fee-paying 'cloud subscriber' to the ... PLUS one laptop). ... if i have a portable iLok USB dongle with licenses on it ... on a mobile phone, ...
    (rec.music.makers.songwriting)
  • Re: How many times can I install Office "legally"
    ... the Product Key, I just install it on the new laptop, activate it and I am ... the licenses, that might be the better way to go. ... insurrance is going to pay for a replacement, but can I install MS Office ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)