Re: compiz on Debian Sid: jerking video replay

* Johannes Rohr <jorohr@xxxxxxxxx> [2008-03-14 11:13:09 +0100]:

I just tried the latest Knoppix 5.3 and I noticed that compiz works
much better there. I took the xorg.conf produced by Knoppix and
replaced my original one with it. And now, video playback has improved
tremendously.

Where did you get it? Knoppix 5.3.0 won't be available until 06/08,
according to Knoppix.
--
Regards,
Klein

Take Care of the Molehills, and the Mountains Will Take Care of Themselves.
-- Motto of the Federal Civil Service

  • Re: Re-visit: Thinkpad 760el D-Link dfe-690-txd problems
    ... > cardbus config on my portable) in situations like these is to set the ... > care of things nicely, although it makes things a bit unstable as far as ... Jim, with the Thinkpad 760el I do not have the option to configure the bios ... Knoppix it would not configure the card. ...
    (comp.os.linux.portable)
  • Re: Anyone using Knoppix as Server?
    ... support...I care about the performance, packages available, and ease of use. ... > to configure a new setup so I tried Knoppix. ... if you don't have experience administering a Linux installation ... > learning curve then when you are ready for some short cuts use ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: compiz on Debian Sid: jerking video replay
    ... And now, video playback has improved ... One of the notable differences is that Knoppix sets "TripleBuffer" and ... Knoppix is great and it's what brought me to Debian;) ... (Albert Einstein) ...
    (Debian-User)