Re: apt.conf doesn't have effect anymore

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 11:07:52 +0200, "Andrei Popescu"
<andreimpopescu@xxxxxxxxx> said:
On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 03:59:04PM +0100, Dvorzhetsky wrote:

I'm mainly using lenny, but I have as well sid and experimental
repositories in my sources.list. To give priority to lenny I use
apt.conf file.

Every thing was fine until I decided to had a third party repository for
lenny. Unlike debian repositories, the version of debian is in the path,
it doesn't appear as an argument. I was concern that my apt.conf would
not work properly so I commented experimental and sid repos and renamed
apt.conf to apt.conf.bak. I installed what I wanted and stayed with an
exclusively lenny sources.list for a while. It was fine.

Now I don't use the third party repos anymore, I removed it from my
sources.list uncommented sid and experimental repos and got back my
apt.conf But even after apt-get update the other repos do not seams to
be taken in account by apt. apt-cache policy xxx only give me the lenny

I can't remember to have run in any error during these apt process.

Anyone knows how to get back things as normal?

I you want to get help with this it would be wise to include your
sources.list, apt.conf and output of 'apt-cache policy'.

(Albert Einstein)

You are so right!

#apt-cache policy
Package files:
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
release a=now
500 experimental/main
500 experimental/main Packages
release o=Unofficial Multimedia
Packages,a=experimental,l=Unofficial Multimedia Packages,c=main
1 experimental/non-free Packages
release o=Debian,a=experimental,l=Debian,c=non-free
1 experimental/contrib Packages
release o=Debian,a=experimental,l=Debian,c=contrib
1 experimental/main Packages
release o=Debian,a=experimental,l=Debian,c=main
500 sid/main Translation-en_US
500 sid/main Packages
release o=Unofficial Multimedia Packages,a=unstable,l=Unofficial
Multimedia Packages,c=main
990 testing/updates/non-free Packages
release v=None,o=Debian,a=testing,l=Debian-Security,c=non-free
990 testing/updates/contrib Packages
release v=None,o=Debian,a=testing,l=Debian-Security,c=contrib
990 testing/updates/main Packages
release v=None,o=Debian,a=testing,l=Debian-Security,c=main
500 testing/main Translation-en_US
990 testing/main Packages
release o=Unofficial Multimedia Packages,a=testing,l=Unofficial
Multimedia Packages,c=main
990 testing/non-free Packages
release o=Debian,a=testing,l=Debian,c=non-free
990 testing/contrib Packages
release o=Debian,a=testing,l=Debian,c=contrib
990 testing/main Packages
release o=Debian,a=testing,l=Debian,c=main
Pinned packages:

APT::Default-Release "testing";

## etch
#deb stable main contrib non-free
#deb-src stable main contrib non-free
# debian-marillat
#deb stable main
#deb-src stable main
# security
#deb stable/updates main contrib non-free
#deb-src stable/updates main contrib

## lenny
deb testing main contrib non-free
deb-src testing main contrib non-free
# debian-marillat
deb testing main
deb-src testing main
# security
deb testing/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src testing/updates main contrib
# shame (Uunstable lenny)
#deb ./
# avant-window-navigator
#deb ./

## sid
#deb unstable main contrib non-free
deb-src unstable main contrib non-free
# debian-marillat
deb sid main
deb-src sid main
# shame (stable sid)

## experimental
deb experimental main contrib non-free
deb-src experimental main contrib
# debian-marillat
deb experimental main
deb-src experimental main

But here is what I get:

# apt-cache policy amarok
Installed: 1.4.8-1
Candidate: 1.4.8-1
Version table:
*** 1.4.8-1 0
990 testing/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

I think I should get the sid and experimental version of the package as
well isn't it?

Thank you!