Re: Why Red Hat is the "business" distro

  • Re: Why Red Hat is the "business" distro
    ... This reminds me of some article I read somewhere regarding the perception that people tend to take things that are free as in beer (linux, for instance) to mean that they are not worth anything. ... The author proposes that instead of telling people that linux is free it would probably be a better idea to quote the price of paid support of, say, Ubuntu desktop @ $250 per year, and then tell them that since he happens to be a 'licensed distributor' for it, he could manage to get them a couple of licenses for free. ... This, he says, has the benefit of making those people think that they are getting a product worth a lot for free because they happen to know someone who is an 'insider'. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Why Red Hat is the "business" distro
    ... The author proposes that instead of telling people that linux is free ... tell them that since he happens to be a 'licensed distributor' for it, ... If you follow the article Ron linked to above, special discounts are ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Why Red Hat is the "business" distro
    ... The author proposes that instead of telling people that linux is free ... tell them that since he happens to be a 'licensed distributor' for it, ... If you follow the article Ron linked to above, special discounts are ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [opensuse] Why are there not more using Linux?