Re: apt.conf or preferences can work in that case?

* Dvorzhetsky <dvorzhetsky@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2008-03-18 14:49:57 +0100]:

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 20:52:44 -0700, "Daniel Burrows"
<dburrows@xxxxxxxxxx> said:
On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 11:40:14PM +0100, Dvorzhetsky
<dvorzhetsky@xxxxxxxxxxx> was heard to say:
#deb http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free

Did you mean for that to be commented out?

deb-src http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free

[snip]
I think I should get the sid and experimental version of the package as
well isn't it?

I don't see an active sid source line in your sources.list, and amarok
isn't in experimental. It seems to me that, unless you expect a version
from debian-multimedia to appear, this is what you should be getting.

Daniel

Sorry about that! that was a quite stupid mistake I made.

I have a question, if I uncomment these lines in my sources.list:
# shame (Uunstable lenny)
#deb
http://download.tuxfamily.org/shames/debian-lenny/desktopfx/unstable/ ./
# avant-window-navigator
#deb http://www.arearelax.org/awn/ ./

considering my apt.conf:
APT::Default-Release "testing";

I would get rid of that in apt.conf and go with pinning only.
Less confusion.

How will apt react since these packages, even if they are made for
testing distribution do not seams to be marked as being so? They are
only in a folder of the repos.

Use the origin of the repoin your /etc/apt/preferences file
as a means to pin.

In addition the same packages might appear in sid or experimental.

I thought I could do this kind of preferences file:
*===================================*
Explanation: Sid
Package: *
Pin: release a=unstable
Pin-Priority:500

Explanation: Lenny
Package: *
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 501

Explanation: Experimental
Package: *
Pin: release a=experimental
Pin-Priority:80
*===================================*

But I am not sure it will work either.

Here is my sources.list:
*===================================*
## etch
#deb http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
# debian-marillat
#deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org stable main
#deb-src http://www.debian-multimedia.org stable main
# security
#deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib
non-free

## lenny
deb http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
# debian-marillat
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org testing main
deb-src http://www.debian-multimedia.org testing main
# security
deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib
non-free
# shame (Uunstable lenny)
#deb
http://download.tuxfamily.org/shames/debian-lenny/desktopfx/unstable/ ./
# avant-window-navigator
#deb http://www.arearelax.org/awn/ ./

## sid
deb http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
# debian-marillat
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid main
deb-src http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid main
# shame (stable sid)
#deb http://download.tuxfamily.org/shames/debian-sid/desktopfx/stable/
./

## experimental
deb http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ experimental main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ experimental main contrib
non-free
# debian-marillat
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org experimental main
deb-src http://www.debian-multimedia.org experimental main
*===================================*

To track testing on such a list, I would do this in /etc/apt/preferences:

Package: *
Pin: release o=Debian,a=testing
Pin-Priority: 850

Package: *
Pin: origin=download.tuxfamily.org
Pin-Priority: 851

Package: *
Pin: origin=www.arearelax.org
Pin-Prioriy: 849

Package: *
Pin: release o=Debian,a=unstable
Pin-Priority: 800

Package: *
Pin: release o=Debin,a=experimental
Pin-Priority: 80

This will get compix from shame's repo, baseline packages from Testing,
your extra stuff from arearelax, then Sid, and lastly, experimental.

--
Regards,
Klein

Many a bum show has been saved by the flag.
-- George M. Cohan

  • my apt-get behaves weird in Lenny
    ... I am new in Debian Lenny. ... #deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main ... #deb-src http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main ... deb-src http://debian.wgdd.de/debian stable main contrib non-free ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: apt.conf or preferences can work in that case?
    ... #deb http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free ... #deb-src http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free ... Package: * ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: smooth upgrades
    ... #deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free ... #deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free ... 500 http://www.debian-multimedia.org experimental/main Packages ...
    (Debian-User)
  • apt.conf or preferences can work in that case?
    ... In addition the same packages might appear in sid or experimental. ... #deb http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free ... #deb-src http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: apt.conf or preferences can work in that case?
    ... #deb http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free ... #deb-src http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free ... #deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free ...
    (Debian-User)