Re: Debian Installation Process ?s
- From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 22:52:37 -0500
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On 03/20/08 21:41, Tim Channon wrote:
Rick Kalkowski wrote:
Any other tips greatly appreciated. If I can't get this to work, I'll
just junk the PC, but seems like a waste given my son's (4yr old)
I might get shot for saying this, Edubuntu is Debian based and aimed at
For a 4 year old... saves you trying to discover and install suitable
things, where hopefully plenty of people have already given input.
As is Debian-jr.
Just get in to the BIOS, set boot from CD, pop in the CD with the
distribution and off you go. When if comes to partitioning the hard disk
just use the whole disk, XP vanishes during disk partition and format.
I do recommend though doing a net search on that model laptop and
install of the Linux version you want.
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA
Supporting World Peace Through Nuclear Pacification
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: continuity of a topic in debian-user
- Next by Date: Re: continuity of a topic in debian-user
- Previous by thread: Re: Debian Installation Process ?s
- Next by thread: installed dmraid and cannot reboot