Re: mdadm Raid1 Striped Reads
- From: Andy Smith <andy@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 06:05:45 +0000
On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 05:16:31PM -0400, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 01:24:53PM -0500, Sam Leon wrote:
Is there anyway to get mdadm to stripe disk reads in raid1? Some of the
documentation I read makes me think that it does this by default but in
my tests it is not
I'd like to know too. It doesn't on my Etch box.
I believe that a single process's reads always come from one of the
disks. You can have multiple readers using multiple disks, so it
still provides a benefit.
You could try using RAID-10 on 2 disks (this will work for Linux
md's implementation) to see if that will stripe it for even one
http://bitfolk.com/ -- No-nonsense VPS hosting
Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB
Description: Digital signature
- Prev by Date: circuit semantic diagram editor with PIC support?
- Next by Date: Re: circuit semantic diagram editor with PIC support?
- Previous by thread: Re: mdadm Raid1 Striped Reads
- Next by thread: Debian Repository Question