Re: mdadm Raid1 Striped Reads

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 05:16:31PM -0400, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 01:24:53PM -0500, Sam Leon wrote:
Is there anyway to get mdadm to stripe disk reads in raid1? Some of the
documentation I read makes me think that it does this by default but in
my tests it is not

I'd like to know too. It doesn't on my Etch box.

I believe that a single process's reads always come from one of the
disks. You can have multiple readers using multiple disks, so it
still provides a benefit.

You could try using RAID-10 on 2 disks (this will work for Linux
md's implementation) to see if that will stripe it for even one
process's reads.

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB

  • Re: Slightly OT: bad rap for Fedora, and realistic effects
    ... > middle of an install, after I wiped the harddrive of a working XP ... and have no way of downloading more disks? ... constantly increasing in the Fedora repositories. ... documentation, bug reports, triaging and so on very easily. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: linux vs SAN
    ... Your problem is you are partitioning the disk on one machine, ... A real engineer only resorts to documentation when the keyboard dents on the forehead get too noticeable. ... >Subject: Re: linux vs SAN ... >>when I type fdsik -l from Host B I have seen that 2 disks are active ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: linux vs SAN
    ... Do you have two physical machines that can see these disks? ... A real engineer only resorts to documentation when the keyboard dents on the forehead get too noticeable. ... >actives. ... >Multipathing is another option, but I am unsure of support in RHEL 2.1. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: scsi-debug documentation?
    ... This includes documentation on the sg driver and various user ... each with multiple dummy SCSI devices (disks). ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: DTV antennas?
    ... of the customer base has some form of written or on-screen learning or ... support and support web sites. ... compensate for product and documentation deficiencies. ... "forget" to supply the disks and docs. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)