Re: configuration of a linux router

dt> Now you're using for your home domain. Do you own that? Would
you like to e.g. relay mail for all of

Not really.

OK, I've invented the domain name petershouse;
the current hosts file follows. Please let me know of any
remaining errors.

Isn't there a place to specify the domain, analogous to /etc/hostname?
Unfortunate that these matters aren't mentioned in the hosts
man page. Also, I wonder that /etc/hostname, /etc/hosts,
/etc/network/interfaces and perhaps a few other files haven't
been amalgated into one. Excessive fragmentation increases
the likelihood of confusion and error.

Thanks, ... Peter E.

# /etc/hosts file localhost.localdomain localhost

# Private LANs at home joule.petershouse joule curie.petershouse curie joule.petershouse joule heaviside.petershouse heaviside

::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes