Re: Most inexpensive debian friendly laserjet printer? total cost of ownership including laserink?
- From: Jonathan Kaye <jdkaye10@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 11:25:08 +0200
Mitchell Laks wrote:
I tend to print out a lot of documentation on the software for projects
that I work on. Therefore I go through alot of laserjet cartidges on my
postscript compatible hp laserjet 1200 printer.
My latest cartridge just needs to be replaced again.
I am tired of paying so much money for the new laser ink cartiridges each
I have read recently a wall street analyst say that
'consumers are stupid - they buy printers by the cost of hardware
not total cost of ownership'.
are there any truly cheaper approaches? Can we buy a postscript
laserprinter that is not designed to use proprietary cartridges that we
must buy from the company at inflated prices?
Also while we are at it, any suggestions on what I can use
in place of gasoline in my car :)?
I live in Girona in the north-east of Spain. It has a population of about
80.000 so it's not too big. There is a shop specialising in refilling
printer cartridges at low cost and is environment-friendly as it reutilises
your old cartridge. I use a Brother HL-1230 Laser and replacing the
cartridge this way does save me money. If such a shop can be found in a
small town like Girona, I'm sure there must be a few not too far from you.
Maybe this can be at least part of the solution.
Registerd Linux user #445917 at http://counter.li.org/
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: Most inexpensive debian friendly laserjet printer? total cost of ownership including laserink?
- Next by Date: Need Desperate Help Installing Debian-Builder
- Previous by thread: Re: Most inexpensive debian friendly laserjet printer? total cost of ownership including laserink?
- Next by thread: Re: Most inexpensive debian friendly laserjet printer? total cost of ownership including laserink?