Re: exim4 config for Lenny?

On Mon May 5 2008 10:24:35 am Paul Cartwright wrote:
I was having problems with sound, so I decided to upgrade to lenny.
I am now on
$ uname -a
2.6.22-3-686 #1 SMP Sun Feb 10 20:20:49 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux

I might go to 2.6.24-1 soon, but with 22-3 I got my NVIDIA drivers to
install.. I always get confused as to what extra packages I need to install
the NVIDIA...run program.

If your using nvidia's installer I would first install xorg-dev.

I always build my own with module-assitant and sid sources.

anyway, it seemed to install exim, but I'm not sure what it needs to be
configured or if I need to. I use kmail with pop/smtp servers from my
ISP/domain hosts, so I really only need local mail for my logged in user (
which is setup in kmail).

In that case you probably don't need exim but it is installed by default in
debian.

what does this error below mean??

E: exim4: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured

I haven't seen that, is your mirror up to date?

  • Re: PAM LDAP queries attempt to bind with empty binddn
    ... That's what's used when lookup is done by process with effective user ... Our LDAP queries are failing and, when we look at the access logs on our ... did not query at all until we realized we needed to install passwd. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: kmail SMTP problems
    ... Kmail does not depend on a mail-transport-agent so you definitely don't ... I'm planing to make a second etch with kde install if I get to convince ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: re: Installing Free BSD 5.21
    ... > To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, ... When I try to install some ... > the axe device works fine in USB 2.0 mode, when plugged in after boot. ... > plugged in after boot, the axe module hangs, looping forever on the ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: PAM LDAP queries attempt to bind with empty binddn
    ... On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 5:07 PM, John A. Sullivan III ... did not query at all until we realized we needed to install passwd. ... password   sufficient   pam_ldap.so ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Debian repository available on USB flash rather than CD/DVD sets?
    ... You now have a bootable flash disk containing all the files equivalent to the first 5 DVDs. ... On the second flash disk you don't need to change the underlying vfat file system. ... The first flash disk is now bootable and can be used to install a very full system. ... subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)