Re: exim4 config for Lenny?

On Mon May 5 2008 10:24:35 am Paul Cartwright wrote:
I was having problems with sound, so I decided to upgrade to lenny.
I am now on
$ uname -a
2.6.22-3-686 #1 SMP Sun Feb 10 20:20:49 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux

I might go to 2.6.24-1 soon, but with 22-3 I got my NVIDIA drivers to
install.. I always get confused as to what extra packages I need to install
the NVIDIA...run program.

If your using nvidia's installer I would first install xorg-dev.

I always build my own with module-assitant and sid sources.

anyway, it seemed to install exim, but I'm not sure what it needs to be
configured or if I need to. I use kmail with pop/smtp servers from my
ISP/domain hosts, so I really only need local mail for my logged in user (
which is setup in kmail).

In that case you probably don't need exim but it is installed by default in
debian.

what does this error below mean??

E: exim4: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured

I haven't seen that, is your mirror up to date?