Re: apt-get question..

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 11:03:59PM +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 02:40:45AM -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
If you want less stuff installed, then you can tell aptitude not to
install 'recommends',

If a package is listed as a recommends and you consider it should only
be a suggests it is considered a bug.

Yes but just because its recommended, things still work just fine. I
have all kinds of packages that don't have all the cruft that they
recommend.

If you have a simple one-liner that will provide you with a list of the
packages which are recommended by installed packages but which aren't
themselves insalled, let me know. I'll run it and send you the results.

Doug.

  • Re: slow vim
    ... gnome-terminal with mutt... ... You have installed one of the following packages: ... install one of 'vim' or 'vim-nox'. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: libdvdcss availability?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: libc6 preventing kernel upgrade from 2.2
    ... What if you roll your own kernel? ... The following extra packages will be installed: ... until I tried to install the linuxant wifi driver and it told me. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: How to consistently install a set of packages?