Re: apt-get question..

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 11:03:59PM +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 02:40:45AM -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
If you want less stuff installed, then you can tell aptitude not to
install 'recommends',

If a package is listed as a recommends and you consider it should only
be a suggests it is considered a bug.

Yes but just because its recommended, things still work just fine. I
have all kinds of packages that don't have all the cruft that they

If you have a simple one-liner that will provide you with a list of the
packages which are recommended by installed packages but which aren't
themselves insalled, let me know. I'll run it and send you the results.