save mail

Hello,

Newbie question:

What would you recommend to save mails. (I don t think it matters but I use postfix, courier-imap)
I ve heard of mail sync for email but don t wanna used this solution to begin.
A backup to a disk would be good for me.

The question I wonder is :
What happen when a cron task is launched and that a mail is about to be delivered.
Is it queued again ?
Or perhaps worse, if a mail is about to be delivered and a cron task (backup task) is starting

More generally, can you explain me the mecanism of locks

I use maildirs but I would like also know how to do for mailboxes

Thanks for reply

Stephane

http://mail.yahoo.fr Yahoo! Mail

Relevant Pages

  • Re: save mail
    ... Newbie question: ... What happen when a cron task is launched and that a mail is about to be ... Since emails in a Maildir system are separate files, the backup task ... The first thing that my backup job does is to toucha lock file. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: save mail
    ... Newbie question: ... if a mail is about to be delivered and a cron task (backup ... I use maildirs but I would like also know how to do for mailboxes ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: Newbie Question
    ... Subject: Newbie Question ... > Hi Richard, ... Do you Yahoo!? ... -- redhat-list mailing list unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: REQ: Xinetd configuration for Apache and Postfix
    ... sorry for my newbie question. ... > OS Linux Suse 7.3 ... > 50 postfix users ... > Do You Yahoo!? ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: rpm error
    ... permissions issue? ... > Newbie question here: ... > I'm trying to install programs using rpm. ... > Check out the new Yahoo! ...
    (Fedora)