97% use of / system

Hello

My / partition is some 12GB and I see that it is currently 97% full. How can I clean this out without trashing important files? What should I be looking for in terms of likely culprits that can be deep-sixed safely?

Thanks

Andy

  • Re: Pls help: memory leaks (my own, of course)
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: 97% use of / system
    ... My / partition is some 12GB and I see that it is currently 97% full. ... How can I clean this out without trashing important files? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: 97% use of / system
    ... My / partition is some 12GB and I see that it is currently 97% full. ... can I clean this out without trashing important files? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: 97% use of / system
    ... My / partition is some 12GB and I see that it is currently 97% full. ... I clean this out without trashing important files? ... As an aside, I seem to be missing approx 18GB of HD space - this is a 200GB HD, but adding the values given above totals 182GB. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: 97% use of / system
    ... My / partition is some 12GB and I see that it is currently 97% full. ... I clean this out without trashing important files? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)