startx stopped working - xinit OK
- From: Anthony Campbell <ac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 07:32:22 +0100
I've been using startx to start X for as long as I've been using Linux -
about 10 years or more. Yesterday it stopped working, giving an error
message about "/etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc - no such option". But xinit
runs as expected. This is on a laptop running Sid.
I know that startx is just a front end to xinit and is not essential but
I'd like to understand what is happening. I had just done a large
upgrade so perhaps something happened there; I'd also been experimenting
Googling didn't produce much. I tried commenting out the lines in startx
that refer to xserverrc but then other errors appeared.
Can anyone shed any light on this? Perhaps I should submit a bug report.
Anthony Campbell - ac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Microsoft-free zone - Using Debian GNU/Linux
http://www.acampbell.org.uk (blog, book reviews,
on-line books and sceptical articles)
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: gpg not working with kmail
- Next by Date: Re: startx stopped working - xinit OK
- Previous by thread: utilizing bluez-firmware without hotplug in Etch
- Next by thread: Re: startx stopped working - xinit OK