Re: gpg not working with kmail

Paul Cartwright wrote:
On Sat May 24 2008, Ron Johnson wrote:

I recompiled using ./configure --prefix=/usr/bin

Why, for $DEITY's sake, why??????? If you're gonna build your own
packages, use Slackware.

been so long now, either I couildn't find the magic apt-get install
PACKAGE_NAME, then went to gnupg.org and downloaded 1.4.9, or... I really
don't remember. The point is, once it was installed, kmail stopped working.
Then it was impossible to uninstall gnupg without trashing my entire
installation... I don't LIKE builidng packages on my own, I HATE it.
If it had been fairly obvious from the synaptic package manager how to do it,
I would have done it that way.

apt-get intall gnupg

If you want/need to install custom package, you can do that even in Debian.

But do not install them in /usr. That space is reserved for packages
handled by the dpkg package manager. Installing in /usr may overwrite
files belonging to dpkg-installed packages, and this will surely bring
trouble. Installing under /usr/local is fine.

--
Justice, n.:
A decision in your favor.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://move.to/hpkb

  • FS: Complete Linux Recording Package Ready To Roll.
    ... How to install Rehmudi-2.0 ... if you don't have any sound, ... dependencies of Agnula Packages ... ... from the new kernel. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Complete Linux Recording Package Ready To Roll.
    ... How to install Rehmudi-2.0 ... if you don't have any sound, ... dependencies of Agnula Packages ... ... from the new kernel. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2014 #1074
    ... checking the full error correction data. ... the devs and the users in debian is entirely inappropriate, ... Some packages could not be installed. ... I have just tried to install vlc on this laptop. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: slow vim
    ... gnome-terminal with mutt... ... You have installed one of the following packages: ... install one of 'vim' or 'vim-nox'. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Which debian sources to use to install to Knoppix 4.0.2?
    ... running into a problem when I install software to version 4.0.2 that I ... Check out the list of extra packages to be installed, ... akregator ark cupsys cupsys-bsd cupsys-client gcc-4.0-base gs-common ... kdepim-kfile-plugins kdepim-kio-plugins kdeprint kdesktop kdessh kdf ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)