(solved)Re: problem with Chinese file names

You are right! Thanks!

--- Fan Liu <fan.d.liu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

You probably need the utf8 option added when mounting the FAT
partition.

Here's an example from my /etc/fstab

/dev/sda1 /media/disk vfat rw,utf8,auto 0 1

Cheers,
Fan

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 09:39:18PM -0700, Serena Cantor wrote:
I can use Chinese file names in sarge.
And I can use Chinese file names in Chinese Windows 2000
The problem is inter-operate

In sarge I can't use files with Chinese names in FAT partition.

Fan Liu
Ph.D Student of Star Formation in Galaxies Group,
Purple Mountain Observatory,
2# West Beijing Road, Nanjing, China
Email: fan.d.liu@xxxxxxxxx
Homepage: http://sfig.pmo.ac.cn/~fliu/

  • Re: Accessing windows partition through debian etch
    ... the win98 partition on my wife's machine ... have to know which partition type windows is using: FAT or NTFS? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Mounting local filesystem failed on boot
    ... There's an entry in fstab, when /proc is NOT on it's own partition. ... that contains no binaries, like /var, or contains binaries you do not ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Mounting local filesystem failed on boot
    ... "The proc file system is a pseudo-file system which is used as an ... There's an entry in fstab, when /proc is NOT on it's own partition. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: dd_rescue No additional sense
    ... It is a netbook HDD that is dyingthat I'm trying to get data ... the partition table in the new hard drive. ... Sense: No additional sense information ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...