Re: Which IM, blog and email service are best for debian users?

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 10:17 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
On 06/16/08 07:09, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
[snip]

A certain version of SuSE would set the desktop background to red if you
logged in as root.

As did Mandrake, when I left it for Debian. I always thought it was
a good idea.

Seems like it would be better to just disallow root logins to X. And to
use PGP MIME instead of long-ago deprecated inline PGP.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@xxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Which IM, blog and email service are best for debian users?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Cant open dipsplay
    ... It's also not needed in the Mandrake 9.1 I use at work. ... I also don't believe it's a good idea for root (or any other ... It's similar to the "supermount" argument I have with Mandrake: ... Open minds. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: "Bugbear" virus in Linux?
    ... >> Mandrake specifically but I've never seen any unix system of any flavor ... > list of users on the GUI login dialog. ... Telnet is usually closed to direct root ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: N?o consigo aceder ao root no Mandrake 10
    ... In comp.os.linux.setup Pedro Vicente: ... > N?o consigo aceder ao root atrav?s do X, no Mandrake 10. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: setting up GRASS GIS on a mandrake 10.0 box?
    ... I am trying to setup GRASS GIS on a mandrake box and am having a ... I was hoping (sorry, mandrake newbie here) ... Do I presume correctly that you do not have physical access to the Mandrake ... logging in as root. ...
    (alt.os.linux)