Re: Which IM, blog and email service are best for debian users?

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 10:18:06PM +1000, Rich Healey wrote:
Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 04:04:10PM +1000, Rich Healey wrote:

Ron Johnson wrote:
On 06/15/08 05:46, Star Liu wrote:
<snip> except that it refuses root to use it. :)
As well it should. Why are you running as root?

I disagree. I agree that in 99% of cases running normal UL applications
as root is a bad idea, but this isn't ubuntu. If I want to play with
[whatever] as root, then it should damn well let me.

A certain version of SuSE would set the desktop background to red if you
logged in as root.

And looking at your signature, I noticed IRC wasn't really mentioned in
this thread. Not exactly instant-messaging, but a good place to get
support (errr... or to be labeled as n00b).

I normally use xchat, which is probably also the client of choice for
the Gnomes. From what I understand, Konversation is the client of
choice for the Trolls (err... KDE folks). The ChatZilla extension to
Iceweael (or whatever) is also quite nice. Gaim/Pidgin and Kopete have
their own IRC plugins. And there's the irssi terminal-based client.

irssi + screen. it's where it's at

AOL that!