Re: OpenOffice.org Quick Start

David Staer <david.staer@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Cameron Hutchison wrote:
How do you use the OpenOffice.org quick start functionality?

I have installed the package openoffice.org-gtk [...]

You need to enable it in OpenOffice. Tools > Options >
OpenOffice.org > Memory - then check "Enable systray Quickstarter".
The next time you log in, or possibly sooner, it should be in the
notification area.

Thanks David. That worked a treat.

As soon as I enabled the checkbox and OKed the dialog, the quickstarter
icon appeared in the notification area. No need to log out/in.

  • Recommendation request: scheduler
    ... At the risk of igniting another holy war, I am wanting to poll opinions on a scheduler for appointments and such like. ... I am looking for an app that is lightweight, will sit quietly in the Gnome notification area, will flash alerts/reminders, and can be started at login. ... So, any recommendations - I have KDE installed, so perhaps there is a KDE-native app or is there a Gnome-based one? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Recommendation request: scheduler
    ... that is lightweight, will sit quietly in the Gnome notification area, ... with its operability with the notification area icon. ... all I use it for is backing up my palm. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: What is this PulseAudio applet?