Re: Setting up an IMAP server

I installed dovecot and gave it a more or less default mail location
# 1.0.14: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
base_dir: /var/run/dovecot/
log_path: /var/dovecot.log
log_timestamp: %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S
protocols: imap
listen: [::]
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot//login
login_executable: /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
login_greeting: Welcome to davids mail service.
mail_privileged_group: mail
mail_location: mbox:%h/%u/Mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
auth default:
passdb:
driver: pam
userdb:
driver: passwd

Kmail will work with this and apply the filter rules to the IMAP mail. Stuff
that simply passes gos to the IMAP inbox, stuff that gets sent to other
folders still does.

What I would like to see is the whole Mail directory structure reflected in
the IMAP. I would like to access this from a remote computer and for now, if
kmail be running, see the same thing as I do locally.

The next step would be to get the filter rules off kmail entirely. Of course,
I can get the outlook on the remote machine to do similar filtering on that
machine. The point is not to be popping mail off the provider's server onto
both machines and not to shut down fetchmail be for I go to the other
machine.

  • Re: Setting up an IMAP server
    ... driver: passwd ... Kmail will work with this and apply the filter rules to the IMAP mail. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [opensuse] KMail/IMAP question
    ... I don't know if this is a bug with KMail and the way it interacts ... with IMAP servers, if it is a bug with dovecot perhaps reporting ... behaviour (perhaps even with a different IMAP server)? ... Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Heinrich Laumann ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [kde] Upgrading from kde 4.6 to 4.10 SC questions
    ... That's where I had the worst problems with kmail and decided to ... a lot of folks including me have found claws-mail a good ... the kde colors settings checkbox checked to apply kde colors to non-kde ... And if you use IMAP, simply ensuring everything's on the IMAP ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde-linux] KMail 1.9.1 Flaws
    ... and drafts stored on the IMAP server along with all of the folders ... While there were some issues with KMail 1.8.x, ... would expect an IMAP client to work. ... and folders are maintained on the client. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: KMail + IMAP - help urgently sought
    ... Certainly not -- but that depends on the configuration of dovecot. ... The wastebin is automatically emptied when I leave kmail. ... is dovecot IMAP compatible with kmail maildir format? ... And you want dIMAP anyway, ...
    (Fedora)