Re: iceweasel 3: favicon while tab is loading

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Damon L. Chesser wrote:
On Sunday 22 June 2008 06:55:46 pm Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

In sid's iceweasel 3 I notice a difference with iceweasel 2:

when a tab is loading the favicon shown would slowly rotate in version
2, but in version 3 it stays stuck at the beginning.

Searching bugzilla.mozilla.org I find nothing under "favicon", but it
clearly is a visible but minor bug.

Anybody else notice this behavior?
BTW, it's called the 'throbber'...

That is also seen here.

Damon, its all explained in

But I am not sure that it will ever work as in FF3

That bug is fixed by Mike Hommey and the bug is closed.
The throbbers look better than in FF3.
You need to install xulrunner-1.9 in order to have the fix installed.

Hugo

  • Re: Giving up on Iceweasel 3.0
    ... On 07/03/08 09:12, Anthony Campbell wrote: ... Iceweasel developers, ... Does this work correctly in FF3? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: iceweasel 3: favicon while tab is loading
    ... In sid's iceweasel 3 I notice a difference with iceweasel 2: ... when a tab is loading the favicon shown would slowly rotate in version ... Searching bugzilla.mozilla.org I find nothing under "favicon", ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [WORKS in FF3RC3]iceweasel 3: favicon while tab is loading
    ... In sid's iceweasel 3 I notice a difference with iceweasel 2: ... Searching bugzilla.mozilla.org I find nothing under "favicon", but it clearly is a visible but minor bug. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [EXPLAINED] iceweasel 3: favicon while tab is loading
    ... In sid's iceweasel 3 I notice a difference with iceweasel 2: ... Searching bugzilla.mozilla.org I find nothing under "favicon", but it clearly is a visible but minor bug. ... APNG is a torture of the PNG standard, that was rejected by the PNG group, and official libpng is probably not going to include APNG support for a while. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: iceweasel 3: favicon while tab is loading
    ... In sid's iceweasel 3 I notice a difference with iceweasel 2: ... when a tab is loading the favicon shown would slowly rotate in version 2, but in version 3 it stays stuck at the beginning. ... Searching bugzilla.mozilla.org I find nothing under "favicon", but it clearly is a visible but minor bug. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)