Re: Slow video[SOLVED]

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 22:53:45 -0400, Nick Lidakis (nlidakis@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

Frank McCormick wrote:

Hummn.Tried both sites and they work well on my machine - the shame site
does tend to drive up the cpu needle.

Would you (or anyone else, especially if you're using and Intel or
NVIDIA driver) mind trying this site?
http://www.tempus-vivit.net/taverne/thema/935 This is mentioned in
another thread on the NVIDIA forum as well. Slows my Firefox (Athlon x2
4800+ 2GB RAM) down something ferocious.

Yes, this page is horribly sluggish when I use either Iceweasel 2.0.0.14
or Konqueror.

Athlon 2400+, 1GB, GeForce FX5200 128MB, nvidia driver.

However, the page scrolls perfectly using Opera 9.51.

  • Re: Random system freezes - need your input
    ... also I've created a thread on the nvidia forum. ... deleting unreferenced inode 26837949 ... nvidia driver really is the culprit. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Advice for troubleshooting X (total screen loss) -- Newb Alert
    ... I cannot alt-Fx to any other terminal and lose the terminal ... Graphics card is an EVGA-branded nVidia 8600GT. ... I would start by changing the nvidia driver to the nv driver in /etc/X11/xorg.conf ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Can only get Nvidia driver to work with 2.6.26
    ... Is the proprietary Nvidia driver really going to make a dramatic improvement ... Actually it's impressive to see users of other OSs turn their eyes round ... you'll get it with the Nvidia driver. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Xorg eats lot of CPU after upgrade to KDE 4.4
    ... try putting there specific options for the nvidia driver (proprietary or ... It's possible that you don't use the full capacity of the card to render ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: nvidia driver performance drop?