Re: synaptic problem?

On 07/22/2008 01:54 PM, Stackpole, Chris wrote:
[..]
Anyway, looking at the file menu for synaptic, it has a "Add downloaded packages" and the hover text says "Add packages downloaded with the 'Generate package download script' feature to the system".

I have never used this before, so this may be a wild guess, but is it possible that you run the script to wget the packages and then run the "Add downloaded packages" to install them? [...]

Yes, that's how it works. I was able to use this method with synaptic under Ubuntu Hardy.

  • Re: rampant offtopic and offensive posts to debian-user
    ... (and others packages) ... I don't have to download them. ... I have been on this list for many years and common courtesy used to be ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Some thoughts about yum and repositories
    ... > can at least use a yum.conf if we can copy or download it. ... that yum can locate and download for you. ... When you want to add a new repository to your yum.conf, ... You can use a tool like wget to download packages ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Newbie needinhg a screen reader
    ... I need to download to have a working screen reader. ... have tried Vinux 3.0 but Ubuntu does not include modem support. ... Then you have to decide which graphic interface you want: KDE, gnome xfce or ... It is possible, and sometimes desirable, to use one DE but use packages associated with another DE. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Low cost PCB layout software
    ... >could not get either release to install. ... I then tried to download 4.11 and ... Other packages installed ok, ... >Eagle Cadsoft Can't download or install ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: approx: infinite loop during update, importing
    ... caught in an infinite loop updating the Packages ... Using approx since three years, ... from internet without problem (e.g. using curl). ... incomplete download loop happens. ...
    (Debian-User)