Re: Cannot switch to VT (console)
- From: Anthony Campbell <ac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 07:41:33 +0100
On 22 Jul 2008, Gabriel Parrondo wrote:
El mié, 23-07-2008 a las 00:23 +0100, Michal R. Hoffmann escribió:
Recently I tried to switch to VT (console) and I couldn't - Ctrl+Alt+F1
didn't work (and they used to couple of weeks ago). I don't even know
where to look for the problem; xev detects KeyRelease XF86_Switch_VT_1
event, /etc/inittab contain getty respawns.
Oh, when I tried chvt 1 it responded:
Couldnt get a file descriptor referring to the console
Did you try as root?
Debian sid, home-compiled kernel, GDM/Gnome, nvidia-glx
If your graphics card is supported, you should try with nv.
I haven't been able to use ctrl-alt-F1 for well over a year. I didn't
know about chvt; it does work as root for me. Useful.
Anthony Campbell - ac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Microsoft-free zone - Using Debian GNU/Linux
http://www.acampbell.org.uk (blog, book reviews,
and sceptical articles)
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Num lock led works inversely
- Next by Date: Re: Skype64 or SIP alternative?
- Previous by thread: Re: Cannot switch to VT (console)
- Next by thread: Re: Cannot switch to VT (console)