kernels for Lenny; was Re: Alsaconf & halting a frozen laptop.

Nigel & others,

At Fri, 25 Jul 2008 21:39:40 +0200 N.H. wrote,
"... Lenny install, I have the following kernels available.
2.6.8
2.6.11"

With /etc/apt/sources.list set to lenny,
dselect offers only 2.6.16 and 2.6.25.
Can dselect install 2.6.11?

Thanks, ... Peter E.

--
http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/
http://carnot.yi.org/ = http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/

  • Re: kernels for Lenny; was Re: Alsaconf & halting a frozen laptop.
    ... Lenny install, I have the following kernels available. ... dselect offers only 2.6.16 and 2.6.25. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: (etch) Using aptitude after using dselect - any issues?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Debian package of the day
    ... I read a post once in which someone bemoaned the passing of dselect, because it highlighted newly-minted packages. ... IIRC, when dselect went away, aptitude was the recommended "official" replacement. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Benefits (and risks) of using Sid
    ... access to the pkging system to be borked when X is borked? ... but it was dselect that made me learn to like aptitude. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: dselect fun
    ... In fact, if they can get their head around dselect, ... I'll continue to pursue the "back to basics" route. ... I do not wish to discourage pointing newbies to most modern tools. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)