dpkg oddities

Has anyone on this list running lenny succeeded in installing any or all of the following packages who is not running any of the speakup distributions? I'm trying to find out if what happens here is speakup specific or not. The packages could be installed using a command line like: aptitude -y install clamav nethack-console podracer -r <cr> and I have main contrib non-free enabled in my sources.list file.

  • Re: Where is Phobos P430 QFE X1034A Driver
    ... The following packages are available: ... Installing Phobos P430 Adapter Driver for 32 bit PCI QuadPort ... devfsadm: driver failed to attach: pqfe ...
    (comp.sys.sun.admin)
  • Re: Why no R in Fedora (was Statistical Package (like Minitab) for Linux)
    ... > The fedora rpm provided at the CRAN site contains very few add-on ... > packages would provide a large amount of functionality. ... > Users can easily install.packageson top of this more stuff from CRAN. ... > I always seem to end up installing a few packages eg. lineno, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: OpenCOBOL/GNUCobol
    ... Did you compile the compiler AND run make check ... packages and it can never seem to resolve all the conflicts. ... GNU Cobol MAY require the following external library to be installed: ... NOTE - libltdl is NOT needed when installing on Linux, ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Linux/Python Issues
    ... It doesn't suck if you're just installing one program, ... tool to retrieve packages, but then the developers got "feature envy" ... you've got to face the problem that your distribution isn't going to ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Simple HowTo
    ... compile your own packages from source and not use the packages as ... hard disk before installing software. ... and security updates quite simply. ...
    (Fedora)