Re: Very slow install
- From: "Nishita Desai" <nish.des@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 00:20:14 +0530
On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 12:14 AM, Shachar Or <dawnlight@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 21 August 2008 14:44, Nishita Desai wrote:
I am trying to install Debian GNU/Linux 4.0r4 on a Core 2 Duo machine.
I am using the AMD64 version. But the install is proceeding v-e-r-y
s-l-o-w-l-y. It's already been two hours and I'm still at the
partitoner. Can anyone please tell me what could be the matter?
I had installed 4.0r3 on my laptop before this, the install was fine.
Perhaps you can try the etchnhalf netinstall.
I have successfully installed i386 version of 4.0r4. Though I would
still like to know why the amd64 one didn't work. And /proc/cpuinfo
shows only one processor. I suppose that is normal for a 32-bit OS?
Thanks to all who replied.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Canada dictionary in OOo in Debian?
- Next by Date: Re: Canada dictionary in OOo in Debian?
- Previous by thread: Re: Very slow install
- Next by thread: Re: Very slow install