Re: [SOLVED] Re: package fails to install; fails to remove; breaks upgrade of other packages

On 2008-08-26 11:18, Sven Joachim wrote:
It is, please file a bug report against the anon-proxy package with
severity "serious". The grep call in line 50 of the postinst will fail
if /etc/environment is empty.

Thanks I filed

It's been the first time that I experienced such a breakage and learned
more about the inner workings of debian packages as was scheduled for
today :-)

It also quite added to my git/etckeeper version[log/control] of /etc.

The empty /etc/environment was apparently created by line 17 of
libpam-modules.postinst: touch /etc/environment

Johannes