Re: Wireless drivers for MSI Wind U100

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 08:28:01 -0700
Arthur Barlow <arthurbarlow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I recently bought an MSI Wind U100 notebook with Windows XP and
partitioned the hard drive in half so I could also run GNU/Linux. The
notebook uses a Realtek RT8101E chipset for it's WLAN. Does anyone know
if there is an open source driver for this chip?

Please post the relevant lspci output.

Celejar

  • Re: Wireless drivers for MSI Wind U100
    ... Arthur Barlow wrote: ... 02:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., ... You have confused the LAN with the WLAN; the 8101 is the LAN, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Cant recognize Realtek 8187 USB wireless adapater
    ... The subject says that Lenny doesn't recognize Realtek 8187 ... My newly installed Lenny doesn't recognize Realtek 8187 USB wirelss ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Easy way to find right module [was Re: Pinnacle PCTV 50e USB capture device [solved]]
    ... saa711x and em28xx modules. ... Does anyone know of a good/easy way to find what module is needed for a ... I realise it is the chipset that determines what ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Make WiFi work.
    ... If I look into NewEgg under Computer Hardware> Networking> Wireless Networking> Wireless Adapters, the lowest price USB adapter is: ... But it does not mention the chipset and the feedback has 1 user saying that he installed it under Linux with difficulty. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Asus K8N MotherBoard Lan
    ... This is a driver for the Fast Ethernet PCI network cards based on ... And the howto docs don't mention any Realtek 82xx device. ... >> a IC Plus IP101 chip set for the lan. ... >> with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)