How to enable Debian to automatically clear the tmp directory

I have been searching for a way to have Debian automatically remove files in the /tmp directory after a period of time. We need it mainly for removing old session files that grow quite rapidly (a rate of 10 per second). I am hoping Debian has a built in utility, otherwise a package will suffice if not a simple bash script. Thanks for your input.

--
Regards,

Ryan Klein

  • Re: deb_checkmd5sum?
    ... That's just a silly suggestion, beyond the obvious of searching for files named deb_checkmd5sum, of which there are none - doing a full text search on a terabyte of files is just too resource intensive. ... Turns out that Tiger runs an hourly cron job that, in turn, calls its own routine that parcels out tasks across different hours in the day. ... there is no difference between theory and practice. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: thread issue
    ... if run the bash script, it will do those one by one and it is pretty ... I noticed when make -j 8, the 8 cores can be fully occupied. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/linux-image-2.6.18-5-486_2.6.18.d
    ... dpkg: error processing ... Searching for GRUB installation directory ... ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: right click and resize selected images in Konqueror
    ... But the user was looking for right clicking on the selected thumbnails in Konqueror and choosing to resize them in one go -- all this without having to open the images in another application. ... I myself use a bash script to do this kind of stuff. ... I have played around with Nautilus's image resizer, and I must say it rocks. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Re: cut file extension
    ... im looking for a solution to strip the file extension ... within a bash script. ... Modify settings or unsubscribe at: ...
    (Ubuntu)