Re: LiveCD's don't work
- From: Mike Fontenot <mlfasf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:43:24 -0600
Kent West wrote:
I had great difficulty installing Debian on a Dell Optiplex 320; it
would NOT boot from a USB jumpdrive or a LiveCD; finally had to resort
to using an external USB hard drive. The whole experience really makes
me skittish of Dells now.
That is REALLY scary! I THOUGHT Dell was a safe bet, since they ship an
Inspiron 530 with Ubunto installed!
How did you use the external USB hard drive? (I've got one). Can I
copy the liveCD to a partition on that external hard drive somehow, so
that I can boot from there somehow?
Or can I get a minimal linux on a floppy that I can boot from, and which
will have enough stuff on it that I can format a partition on my 2nd
hard drive, and then install lenny either from a CD or over the
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: How to enable Debian to automatically clear the tmp directory
- Next by Date: Re: How to enable Debian to automatically clear the tmp directory
- Previous by thread: Re: LiveCD's don't work
- Next by thread: RE: LiveCD's don't work