Re: ia32-libs and vmware-server [solved]
- From: kj <koffiejunkielistlurker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 09:50:14 +0100
Running the vmware server client on Lenny-64bit comes up with an error (I'll put it at the bottom). The only suggestion I've found so far that solves this is to downgrade ia32-libs from 2.6 to 1.19.
Unfortunately ia32-libs 2.6 is a dependency for ia32-libs-gtk 2.6, which in turn is necessary for nspluginwrapper, which in turn I need for flash (I actually have to use flash applications in my work, but I'm also dependent on vmware)
Has anyone found a way to get past the vmware problem?
Well, I managed to fix this, somehow.
1. Download the old package and unpack it somewhere:
ar -x ia32-libs_1.19_amd64.deb
2. Copy some libs over to vmware:
cp /tmp/emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libX11.so.6* /usr/lib/vmware/lib/libX11.so.6/
3. Edit the startup script:
cp /usr/lib/vmware/lib/wrapper-gtk24.sh /usr/lib/vmware/lib/wrapper-gtk24.sh-old
under the line:
You are now able tu use the latest ia32-libs and ia32-libs-gtk and VMware will work on its own.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: can rkhunter propupdate correctly be run?
- Next by Date: Re: copy contacts in pidgin
- Previous by thread: can rkhunter propupdate correctly be run?
- Next by thread: cute girls created by copmuter