problem with onboard graphic nvidia

hello,
i have a onboard graphic nvidia geforce 6100 on a abit mainboard.
debian 4.0 works fine, found the graphiccard during installation.
but the debian 5 beta makes big trouble.
after installing i have no picture, only "out of range" from monitor.
the resolution is for my 17" crt to high. why is a installing screen
resolution so high?
after changing with strg+alt+ + i get a picture. in the config menue
from gonme where i can change the resolution and hz i see nothing, it is
emtpy. i can not modify anything.
when i look into the xorg.config file it is empy too.
in the past i could use dpgk-reconfigure xserver-xorg. but this shows me
nothing anymore to change the monitor.
when i edit the xorg.conf with a textedtior, enter a nv-driver and a
resolution for the monitor a picture comes.
but this is not the right way. i think it is a big bug.
x11 try's to find the correct hardware automaticly, but it do not work.
with kde debian use 3.5 because there could be trouble in 4, but the new
x11 is used.

greetings
frindly

  • Re: free vs commercial
    ... > comparing the Linux I had installed with WinXP. ... think we as a whole would acknowledge the warts Debian and Linux have but I ... Installing my suite of software on Windows requires a CD-R ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Configuration DB
    ... If you're lazy, go back to Windows. ... > Tired of making choices during installing and configuration, ... I've never had the need to reinstall Debian to fix a broken ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Problems getting Etch in France
    ... I highly recommend you get the single Debian NetInstall ISO. ... I had problems installing most distros on a computer I built that was ... Etch, along with the transition from xfree86 to xorg again. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Question about linux sound...
    ... I use debian, which makes installing certain things pretty easy, ... I either have to close any other apps which may use sound, ... I have an AC'97 sound card and use 2.4.27-2-386 kernel on debian. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • RE: x server configuration problems
    ... >discover) then try and reconfigure the server again with low priority. ... I managed more or less to install debian ... > My problem is that i cannot change the resolution of my screen.it ... Make sure that you have `discover' installed (apt-get install ...
    (Debian-User)