Re: USB devices not detected unless plugged in at boot

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 04:46:09PM +0200, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
On Monday 08 September 2008 23:41:19 Alex Samad wrote:
On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 03:24:13PM -0400, Carl Fink wrote:

could it be an ordering thing, I have a logitech 9000 webcam, if it is
plugged in at boot up my usb sounds doesn't work and my multicard reader
doesn't work. I have to unload a few modules and load them in the right
order.

what does lsusb show you

No, this is because the mic's webcam is seen as the only sound device system.
Look which module is loaded for sound when this happen and blacklist it. At
least it worked for me.

My webcam does not include a mic, though. It's built into the laptop.
--
Carl Fink nitpicking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stupid mistakes you can correct!