Re: USB devices not detected unless plugged in at boot

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 04:46:09PM +0200, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
On Monday 08 September 2008 23:41:19 Alex Samad wrote:
On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 03:24:13PM -0400, Carl Fink wrote:

could it be an ordering thing, I have a logitech 9000 webcam, if it is
plugged in at boot up my usb sounds doesn't work and my multicard reader
doesn't work. I have to unload a few modules and load them in the right
order.

what does lsusb show you

No, this is because the mic's webcam is seen as the only sound device system.
Look which module is loaded for sound when this happen and blacklist it. At
least it worked for me.

My webcam does not include a mic, though. It's built into the laptop.
--
Carl Fink nitpicking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stupid mistakes you can correct!

  • Logitech Quickcam Zoom Webcam
    ... webcam is a available on accessing it all that is sent ... usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 5 ... pwc Logitech QuickCam Zoom USB webcam detected. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: USB not accepting new address
    ... I dont have USB 1.1 in my micro. ... Or exists configuration what i dont made. ... > Im try connect a webcam Genius in Debian Sarge. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • USB not accepting new address
    ... Im try connect a webcam Genius in Debian Sarge. ... I install the module spca52xxx and quickcam, ... usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 6 ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: sound mixer cannot find audio devices after rebooting with USB headset
    ... xjust say it and I will look for what I have done age ago!!! ... would this play with usb devices that I may connect after booting? ... I got the same problem with a webcam ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: USB devices not detected unless plugged in at boot
    ... could it be an ordering thing, I have a logitech 9000 webcam, if it is ... this is because the mic's webcam is seen as the only sound device system. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)