Subject: Nvidia video driver problem
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:16:00 -0500
From: Russ Cook <russcook@xxxxxxx>
To: debian amd64 <debian-amd64@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, debian-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm running an amd64, with 64bit linux (Sid), with evga 8800gts graphics card.
I did apt-get update && upgrade today.
Then I downloaded latest linux source 2.6.26.5 from kernel.org, and downloaded
the latest nvidia-kernel-source using apt-get.
I compiled a custom kernel and latest nvidia-kernel-source according to procedures
outlined at http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers . I've done this before successfully,
and was running Nvidia driver before this action.
The problem is that X will not start now with the Nvidia driver. It WILL start with
the nv open source driver.
Looking in /usr/lib/xorg/modules, I have a symlink libwfb.so pointing to
libnvidia-wfb.so.100.14.11, which doesn't exist in this directory, and X complains about
it in the Xorg.log file, attached. It also complains about module type1.

Can anyone offer help or suggestions?