Re: Way OT: OpenDNS

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 01:43:33AM -0600, Nate Duehr wrote:

Issue everyone a gun, the "scare" of them goes away. They're a tool
like anything else.

I carried a rifle in the trunk of my car to high school so I could go
hunting when school was out. I can't imagine what would happen to kid today
if he were caught with such a thing.

Shotguns are the proper weapon for home
protection, not handguns. Handguns are for shooting beer cans with your
buddies.

Dunno about that. Used a sidearm while hunting boar in FL. Works good for
a pissed off animal. I agree about the shotgun in the house, though. My
wife is a surgeon with hers.

Regards,
Rook

--
... Linux: The OS people choose without $200,000,000 of persuasion.
-- Mike Coleman

  • Re: NJ Police state: update on pocket popper
    ... I've had really good luck hunting squirrels with a Ruger ... possible as a kid, handguns had to be registered here, not ... as shooting them with a .22 rifle had gotten too ... target shooting with a centerfire, unless you belong to one of a few ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: again deer hunting rifles
    ... We shoot but none of us were into hunting. ... Someday Im gonna have to update it a bit and have the site owners ... and not much firearm experience. ... So something suitable for an 18 year high school ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: .38 Spl effectiveness
    ... I hunt in a group in NW Wisconsin that uses handguns for much of our ... deer hunting. ... shots tend to be close distance, so this adds to his likely success. ... good placement to be hunting with minimal firepower like this. ...
    (rec.guns)
  • Re: Licensing and Registration....NEVER!!!
    ... between long guns and handguns. ... He would go hunting with his rifle, ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: From My Cold Dead Hands
    ... And it's the NRA -- National RIFLE Association. ... Handguns are not under discussion here. ... of hunting. ... And, since y'all (gun grabber retards, that is) insist that there can ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)