Re: tar block question

I think you can cut some steps

Ter, 2008-09-16 às 10:49 -0700, Bob McGowan escreveu:
[...]
2. losetup -f
prints the name of the next available loop device, in my case it
was /dev/loop0

3. losetup /dev/loop0 /path/to/filename

4. losetup /dev/loop0
/dev/loop0: [0900]:8032956 (/path/to/filename)
to confirm things worked as expected

5. mkfs -t fstype /dev/loop0
use other options if desired, such as "-m 1" with ext3 for 1%
reserved block count instead of 5%.

You sould be able do run mkfs directly on the file without creating a
loop:

# mkfs -t ext3 /path/to/filename
mke2fs 1.41.1 (01-Sep-2008)
/path/to/filename is not a block special device.
Proceed anyway? (y,n) y
[...]

6. mkdir /mnt/diskimg
or use /media/??? or ...

7. mount -t fstype /dev/loop0 /mnt/diskimg

The mount can be done with the loop option using the file as device:

# mount -t fstype -o loop /path/to/filename /mnt/diskimg
--
Paulo Silva <paulojjs@xxxxxxxxx>

  • Re: Slow bash script
    ... getting only about one iteration per second in the while loop. ... It extracts md5sums from a 180k Packages file and makes an indices file. ... though I'm no script master, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: loading huge number of rules in iptables (blocklist)
  • Re: [Maxima] Bug in for, Maxima, Debian ?