palm syncing woes

Hello Folks,

The dance I've had to perform with jpilot and my Z22 that involves the
correct order and timing of activating sync on both the Palm and jpilot
is getting frustrating. It always takes me multiple tries to
successfully sync.

I did some research and found some information that suggest that using
the userspace libusb instead of the visor kernel module would allow a
more reliable sync. I attempted this but now I cannot sync at all. Is
pilot-link built against libusb to allow 'usb:' to be listed as the
port? Is there a good howto somewhere that describes how to make
syncing more reliable?

--
Neil Watson
System Administrator for hire http://watson-wilson.ca

  • Re: palm syncing woes
    ... The dance I've had to perform with jpilot and my Z22 that involves the ... successfully sync. ... Note, restoration does not seem to work, and generally kpilot is k-crap; ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • [SLE] Re: Re: Anyone using a Tungsten on SuSE?
    ... > setup at home so that I can sync, transfer files, etc. Basically, I have a ... > Belkin Bluetooth USB adapter that I would like to use. ... Yes - you should find that setting up the cable sync is pretty painless. ... Install pilot-link and JPilot off the SuSE 9.0 CD/DVD and you should have no ...
    (SuSE)
  • [SLE] Re: Palm sync with Evolution in 9.1
    ... For an easy sync, I'd recommend using JPilot, which calls pilot-link ... which should list all the files on your Palm. ... http://www.headstrong-games.co.uk/ Board games that won't break the bank ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: jpilot wont sync with Palm IIIe
    ... Jpilot was working with a usb palm that I had, ... It did establish a sync connection, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Dapper-Evolution-Palm-Sync__Broken?
    ... I have tried KPilot, JPilot also no joy. ... last month suggesting that the Palm sync is broken. ... Has anyone gotten a Palm handheld to snyc with Evolution under Dapper? ... use a usb-connection to sync the following might help. ...
    (Ubuntu)