How do you add a preseed file to the initrd?
- From: Tim Edwards <timothy.edwards.ext@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 11:59:42 +0200
I'm trying to add my preseed.cfg file into the root of the initrd, as mentioned is possible in the debian preseed documentation: http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/apbs02.html#preseed-loading
So once I've mounted the boot cd, copied the initrd.gz to a temp location I try to add it to the cpio initrd file:
cat preseed.cfg | cpio -ovcA -O initrd
cpio: premature end of file
If I try to fully extract the cpio file it tries to create device nodes, which it can't because I'm not root (and don't want to become because I need to package all these steps up into a script that won't run as root).
So how is this supposed to be done? Surely someone here's had to do it before?
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: HOWTO convert a pdf to a docbook(XML) format or to a po format
- Next by Date: Re: No such file or directory
- Previous by thread: HOWTO convert a pdf to a docbook(XML) format or to a po format
- Next by thread: preseeding localisation settings driving me insane!