Wireless card not showing up
- From: "Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum" <bg271828@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:27:27 -0700 (PDT)
This may not even be a Debian issue but i dont know where to start.
I have a ThinkPad T60 running Lenny. Its normally plugged into an Ethernet port. I realized recently that only the wired network is showing up
in my networking tools, even though the machine does support WiFi.
I rebooted it and i still only have my Ethernet card showing up. And when i look over the output of dmesg, theres nothing at all there for my wireless
card, at least nothing i can see.
Im absolutely sure theres a wireless card here; theres even an entry in the Network Manager Editor for an interface i sometimes use.
Because its not showing up in dmesg i wonder if its a hardware rather than driver problem, but i thought someone hear might have an idea of where to
start looking. I know the machine has never been dropped or damaged.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: Howto sign e-mail using PGP (Debian Lennyy Evolution126.96.36.199)?
- Next by Date: Re: Wireless card not showing up
- Previous by thread: Howto sign e-mail using PGP (Debian Lennyy Evolution188.8.131.52)?
- Next by thread: Re: Wireless card not showing up