Wireless card not showing up

Hi.

This may not even be a Debian issue but i dont know where to start.

I have a ThinkPad T60 running Lenny. Its normally plugged into an Ethernet port. I realized recently that only the wired network is showing up
in my networking tools, even though the machine does support WiFi.

I rebooted it and i still only have my Ethernet card showing up. And when i look over the output of dmesg, theres nothing at all there for my wireless
card, at least nothing i can see.

Im absolutely sure theres a wireless card here; theres even an entry in the Network Manager Editor for an interface i sometimes use.

Because its not showing up in dmesg i wonder if its a hardware rather than driver problem, but i thought someone hear might have an idea of where to
start looking. I know the machine has never been dropped or damaged.

Thanks.

Jen

  • Re: RH 7.3 - Network really slow?
    ... > did an ifconfig, it wasn't showing any errors. ... but still the same slow network connection. ... I found an old Linksys Ether16 card, ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: Wireless card not showing up
    ... I rebooted it and i still only have my Ethernet card showing up. ... Im absolutely sure theres a wireless card here; theres even an entry in the Network Manager Editor for an interface i sometimes use. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: WAP54Gs with WPA not handing out IPs from SBS2003 server
    ... Do you have enough IP addresses in the DHCP pool on the DHCP server? ... There's not even 50 machines total on the network. ... I'll assume you're running Windoze XP Home using Wireless Zero Config ... With the PCMCIA card, it's the WZC software. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: WAP54Gs with WPA not handing out IPs from SBS2003 server
    ... Do you have enough IP addresses in the DHCP pool on the DHCP server? ... There's not even 50 machines total on the network. ... I'll assume you're running Windoze XP Home using Wireless Zero Config ... With the PCMCIA card, it's the WZC software. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Lan-Tech Netork of 255 ap2s and Siders etc
    ... a way to get mastery development network up... ... Original manual, 1 file server card, 8 expansion ... if you have a mastery development card it has a menu in the eprom that comes ...
    (comp.sys.apple2)