Re: compiling the 2.26.6 kernel on debian.

Michael Habashy wrote:
Guys and Gals -
I tried to compile the kernel on 2.26.6. <http://2.26.6.> I did NO modification to the kernel just generic.
I get the following error:

<snip>

What made you use a recompiled Debian kernel?

Hugo

  • Re: Cannot open root device "hda1" or unknown-block(0,0)
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Computer freezes with linux-image-2.6.21-2
    ... for example if you have compiled any module/driver for you video card for the old kernel and not for the new; ... I did not compile anything special... ... "Mis soldados dependen del dinero, que depende de la fuerza, que depende de ellos mismos." ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: compiling (or rather, failing to compile) a kernel
    ... I am following Stephen's marvellous work, ... So you used your regular user to compile the kernel. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Fwd: Newbie Right of Passage -- Kernel Compilation Problems :-)
    ... the problem is related to kernel compilation. ... and the compile failed again, ... I probably just made a newbie mistake. ... To unsubscribe, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: debian-user: Firewire?