Re: chmod, or better solutions ?
- From: Shams Fantar <sfantar@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 17:46:46 +0200
Osamu Aoki wrote:
On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 03:56:09PM +0200, Shams Fantar wrote:
I'd like to know if it's very fine and "clean" to chmod -R 700 / ; Or
are there any better solutions ? My purpose beeing that local users
can't access/read any file which isn't in their own home directory.
Most likely it is not what you want and very bad idea. What will you
gain by doing this in cool mind. (This will probably provide broken
system to users since he can not even access /bin/bash :-)
You should read:
Thank you, I'm going to read these pages.
I'll come back if I don't have the answers I want. ;-)
"Civil Engineering section" project : http://civil-e-section.org
« A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. »
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: chmod, or better solutions ?
- Next by Date: Re: chmod, or better solutions ?
- Previous by thread: Re: chmod, or better solutions ?
- Next by thread: Re: chmod, or better solutions ?