Re: chmod, or better solutions ?

Osamu Aoki wrote:
On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 03:56:09PM +0200, Shams Fantar wrote:

Hi all,

I'd like to know if it's very fine and "clean" to chmod -R 700 / ; Or
are there any better solutions ? My purpose beeing that local users
can't access/read any file which isn't in their own home directory.

Most likely it is not what you want and very bad idea. What will you
gain by doing this in cool mind. (This will probably provide broken
system to users since he can not even access /bin/bash :-)

You should read:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/index.en.html

Thank you, I'm going to read these pages.

I'll come back if I don't have the answers I want. ;-)

See you,

--
http://snurf.info
"Civil Engineering section" project : http://civil-e-section.org

  • Re: chmod, or better solutions ?
    ... can't access/read any file which isn't in their own home directory. ... "My purpose beeing that local users can't access/read any file which ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: chmod, or better solutions ?
    ... My purpose beeing that local users ... can't access/read any file which isn't in their own home directory. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: chmod, or better solutions ?
    ... My purpose beeing that local users ... can't access/read any file which isn't in their own home directory. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • chmod, or better solutions ?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: chmod, or better solutions ?