Re: What version of debian should I install at this point in time?

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 16:30, Chris Jones <cjns1989@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

4. sarge - I still need it for stuff that I never could get etch to do

Just out of curiosity, what things could you not get etch to do?

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers

  • Re: Configurable files and functions
    ... sarge 3.1. ... A configuration file, by its very nature, means that it can be edited, ... I do plan to upgrade to Etch as soon as it is the stable ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: The sad demise of an etch.
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: sarge/woody upgrade - boot problem
    ... Etch, wiping out ... Sarge was new. ... updating (or upgrading) etch. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: how to specify optical USB mouse in XF86Config-4
    ... in etch, it is auto-configed ... Now I want to config it in sarge. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • gdm (or somethnig) goes deaf when changing virtual consoles
    ... This happens on etch, which I try to keep up-to-date. ... changing virtual consoles with ctrl-alt-f*, ... My workaround is to run sarge instead. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)