Re: Running Debian Stable

On Dec 31, 2008, at 2:50 AM, Rick Thomas wrote:

On Dec 31, 2008, at 2:27 AM, Koh Choon Lin wrote:

Dear all

Noting the stable version has software that are behind the current
version, how should I proceed if I wanted only one program which is up
to date, eg. how should I proceed to add OOo 3.0 to a Debian stable
installation? By adding the unstable Debian repository? Pulling .deb
from OOo site and installing it?

Koh Choon Lin

add the following lines to you sources.list file. Then read the referenced documentation website, follow the directions, and

Enjoy!

Rick

########################
# For instructions on getting stuff from backports see
# http://www.backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=instructions
deb http://www.backports.org/debian etch-backports main contrib non- free
########################

Hmmm...

Maybe I spoke too soon.

OOo v3 is not available from backports. It doesn't even seem to be available from sid. You'd have to add "experimental" and I'm not even sure that would work (I don't have any machines with experimental configured, so I can't check.)

Sorry for the noise...

Rick

  • Re: Running Debian Stable
    ... By adding the unstable Debian repository? ... Pulling .deb ... OOo v3 is not available from backports. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Running Debian Stable
    ... By adding the unstable Debian repository? ... Pulling .deb ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • openoffice.org 3.0.1 and "--instdir" option
    ... $> dpkg -i *.deb ... to the downloaded deb file to get the installation in /opt. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: how to try OOos 3.0 beta deb on Debian?