"Removable Drives and Media" panel

Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote,
1) write your own udev rule
2) have a script in /etc/init.d do the chown on bootup

January 26, 2009 2:29:19 PM Mike Castle wrote,
While I agree that, in this instance, a udev solution is more
appropriate (this stuff can change with hot plugging, right?), one
option that I use a lot is mucking around with
/etc/security/group.conf

The "Removable Drives and Media" panel, accessed
through Settings in the Desktop Menu, has a "Cameras"
tab to automate the transfer of pictures from flash
storage on a camera. I wonder whether a "Video
Cameras" tab is in the works? If so, there is no point
in filing a bug/wish report. Anyone happen to know?

Thanks, ... p. crawford

The new Windows Live Messenger. You don’t want to miss this.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/messenger.aspx