"Removable Drives and Media" panel

Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote,
1) write your own udev rule
2) have a script in /etc/init.d do the chown on bootup

January 26, 2009 2:29:19 PM Mike Castle wrote,
While I agree that, in this instance, a udev solution is more
appropriate (this stuff can change with hot plugging, right?), one
option that I use a lot is mucking around with
/etc/security/group.conf

The "Removable Drives and Media" panel, accessed
through Settings in the Desktop Menu, has a "Cameras"
tab to automate the transfer of pictures from flash
storage on a camera. I wonder whether a "Video
Cameras" tab is in the works? If so, there is no point
in filing a bug/wish report. Anyone happen to know?

Thanks, ... p. crawford

The new Windows Live Messenger. You don’t want to miss this.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/messenger.aspx

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Closet Digital Shooters...Announcement:
    ... > mount on later Nikon cameras without fouling the AI tab. ... > Very nice lens, even not being shifted, but make sure it will work on the camera ... > The Rollei might be fun to use, though I would guess the price might be high. ... > That was one of the types of cameras I learned on as a little kid. ...
    (rec.photo.equipment.35mm)
  • Re: minor USB camera problem on linux
    ... > the problem is not that cameras do not show up, ... > a couple of days of plugging and un plugging they stop showing up. ... following letters. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Benefits of SD or CF memory?
    ... SD has a hardware write tab. ... SD is going to be the dominant card in smaller cameras. ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)
  • Re: minor USB camera problem on linux
    ... >> cameras that are plugged in, do not auto mount. ... of days of plugging and un plugging they stop showing up. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)