Re: Upgrade procedure: etch -> lenny
- From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 15:40:53 -0600
On 02/19/2009 06:29 AM, Chris Jones wrote:
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 10:41:21PM EST, Ron Johnson wrote:On 02/18/2009 09:00 PM, Chris Jones wrote:I plan to upgrade to lenny over the weekend:I'd first upgrade apt, dpkg & perl. Maybe that's just a legacy of the woody->etch process, but could't hurt...
1. duplicate current etch system on a new partition
2. apt-get update
2. replace "etch" by "lenny" in /etc/sources.list
3. apt-get dist-upgrade
Am I missing anything?
Note: I do not want apt to mess with my linux kernel.Then I'd pin that package.
No, not really.
Go to section 3.10 of this document to see what I mean:
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA
Supporting World Peace Through Nuclear Pacification
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: unstable and bugs
- Next by Date: Re: Upgrade procedure: etch -> lenny
- Previous by thread: Re: Upgrade procedure: etch -> lenny
- Next by thread: Re: Upgrade procedure: etch -> lenny