Re: X issue? No mouse cursor in between sessions (sometimes).

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 10:28 PM, i wrote:

this: http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2009/01/msg00139.html

which got no response. I couldn't even register in the X.org's mailing
list 'cos it kept giving me "mailman error"s. After pestering debian's
irc channel on freenode, CutMeOwnThroat pointed me to this thread:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-linux&m=116983714009897&w=2

...which solved the issue. At least so far i haven't lost the mouse
and it's been 7 days running. Anyone having the same problem (mouse
cursor disappearing) can use this. Short answer, add
Option "HWCursor" "off"
to the Device section of your xorg.conf

HTH the next guy

Nuno Magalhães
LU#484677

  • Re: Problems with update -- redhat-lsb conflicts
    ... everybody who is able to register for a mailing-list ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ... users mailing list ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Thank God
    ... Blair and Blunkett felt he couldn't go on. ... dinner speeches he gave as a backbencher after he resigned for the first time, ... and that he failed to register them in the register of members' interests. ... If you wish to unsubscribe from the Backbencher, ...
    (uk.people.disability)
  • ezmlm response
    ... marklin@scintilla.utwente.nl mailing list. ... To unsubscribe from a mailinglist, ... And reply to the confirmation-request you receive ... You can start a subscription for an alternate address, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: BRAINDEAD IDIOT -> Re: USER SHOULD BE UNSUBSCRIBED
    ... the reason why i offending oyu this way are MANY mails like ... replies even in a thread nobody spoke to you? ... on any mailing-list can you unsubscribe, this is not the way mailing ...
    (Fedora)
  • The End of the Road for Saddam
    ... "One way you figure out your place in America is figuring out what you think about Jesus." ... This is a recurring mailing. ... with "unsubscribe" in the subject line or print and mail this page to ...
    (freebsd-hackers)