Re: Java in Debian 5

2009/2/22 Celejar <celejar@xxxxxxxxx>:

I was actually surprised by the fact that I apparently had a bunch of
java stuff marked as manually installed. I run aptitude without
automatic installation of recommends, and I have no idea when I would
have marked stuff like 'libxom-java' or 'bsh' (BeanShell) as manually
installed, since I'm not a java dev.

Stuff tends to build up over time. It happens under linux but nowhere
at the speed that I used to find the same thing happening under
Windows.

I have nothing against it, since it's FLOSS, but I'd rather not have a
bunch of stuff on my system for functionality that I don't use. And
with the greatness that's Debian, if I ever *do* need it, it's only a
quick and easy 'aptitude install' away.

Isn't that the truth :-)

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.

  • A good Java installation package can make things much easier
    ... Following the configuration habit of Java, ... the installation deployment of report designer ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)
  • Re: Java Control Panel Folder Empty - Cannot Uninstall Java 6 Upda
    ... I was able to delete the ghost file from my add/remove programs. ... Tried reinstalling Java but I received the same messages that I ... Windows section, download the 'second' file. ... directions for installation. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Tuesday 3rd April update wont work
    ... Uninstall the IBM java package from Add/Remove Programs. ... One must uncheck it in order to prevent it's installation. ... Wuweb is for Windows Update, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: SMP/E GIM69222S SMPJHOME vs. Java version
    ... In a recent note, McKown, John said: ... Is there not a symbolic link that is ... I have the following Java jdk's installed: ... why couldn't you put that in the installation documentation? ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: iexplore.exe error when I try to execute Java
    ... Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. ... ensure your registry is clean ... uninstall java then reboot. ... Java website to test the installation, I get a Internet Explorer 'needs ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)