Re: Instaling Debian in netbooks

Luis M. A. Ruiz escribió:
Hi. I'm wondering about instaling Debian GNU/Linux in a LG X110 netbook
(no CD drive).
What is the best way to perform this?
The netbook specs are:

Intel Atom N270 @ 1.6 Ghz
1 Gb RAM
120 Gb HDD
1 SD card RW
3 USB ports
802.11 b/g wi-fi adapter
Realtec RTL8102E NIC

If it can boot from the SD, just install Lenny from it. Instructions here:

http://www.debian.org/distrib/netinst

You'll need an internet conexion through your ethernet card.

Thanks in advance and sorry about my english skills.

Siempre puedes pasarte por la lista de Debian en español, que tiene buen
movimiento.

  • Re: How to bring HD activity to a minimum
    ... You could try using the HDD as merely a boot medium - copying the harddrive ... This should only require 200 or so MB of RAM. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: HDD powersaving at music playing.
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: What hardware to use for Debian Firewall/Gateway or server?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: New Mainboard.